PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: We’ve been looking at the different types of spring interiors within mattresses – most recently continuous springs.
A great example of this concept is the Miracoil Spring System from Silentnight. This unit promises comfort, support and pressure relief for all shapes and sizes. It offers 750 springs, twice as many as a standard open coil, which promises no roll together for less partner disturbance. Miracoil mattresses are divided into three zones, with softer springs at the top and bottom and firmer springs in the middle to support the hips and lower back. They are sold with a range of different fillings on top, to offer different comfort levels and firmness ratings.
Bed Warehouse is North Yorkshire’s only official independent Silentnight stockist and we keep a range of mattresses and divan sets - why not call in and test out the Miracoil Spring System for yourself…
When choosing a bed, all the different types of mattress that are available can be confusing.
Coil spring, continuous spring, pocket spring, memory foam… the list goes on!
To help you get the best night’s sleep, Bed Warehouse is guiding you through the different types of mattress so that you can choose the one that’s best for you.
At the moment we’re looking at spring mattresses, used by the majority of UK mattresses. There are three types: open coil, continuous spring and pocket spring.
As the name suggests, continuous spring mattresses are made up of a single length of wire knitted into interwoven springs linked vertically. The gauge of wire used is usually softer and the size of the coils smaller than open coil, giving this mattress a higher spring count and more responsive feel. An example of this is the Silentnight miracoil ® spring unit that we stock. Continuous spring mattresses sit in the mid-price range.
SEE OUR RANGE
Kelly Forrester was the lucky winner of our national bed month prize bed giveaway.
It's heartening to hear that Kelly was thinking about getting a new bed soon anyway.
The bed will be delivered later this week.
Follow Bed Warehouse on Facebook to learn about upcoming competitions and offers!
To celebrate National Bed Month we’re offering six top tips on how to get a good night’s sleep!
According to The Sleep Council these are the most important things you need to make sure you get a good night’s kip!
1. Invest in your sleep with a comfortable, supportive bed. Yes it might be National Bed Month, and yes the focus is on beds, but what you sleep on plays a huge part in how well you doze. A bed with the correct support, comfort and space will ensure you wake less, move about less, aren’t disturbed by your partner as much and are less likely to wake up feeling tired or aching. Remember, if you’re not comfortable in bed your sleep won’t be as deep.
2. Avoid clock watching. Instead of staring at the clock and stressing over how many lost hours of sleep you’ve had, hide the bedside clock or cover it with something. Checking the time only increases stress.
3. Don’t focus on how much sleep you’re getting. There’s no ideal quota and one size doesn’t fit all! Instead look at how you feel the next day. Too many people focus on sleep quantity but what’s important is that the sleep you do get is of good quality so make sure you regularly assess that and your comfort levels.
4. Write a to-do list before bed. Worry and anxiety are a key player in what keeps us awake at night. Often, we get into bed with our mind racing or buzzing with the things that are troubling us or what we need to get done. Keep a notepad and pen by your bed and write down worries or jobs that need to be tackled. It really does help to clear the mind for sleep.
5. Watch your diet. Avoid over-eating before bedtime and choose foods with sleep-promoting chemicals such as chicken and turkey, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, peanuts, beans and milk. Equally, limit stimulants such as alcohol and caffeine which reduce sleep quality and prevent you feeling rested.
6. Establish a bedtime routine. Our bodies thrive on routine so establish and prioritise a bedtime routine and, where possible, stick to it. This could be something as simple as putting PJs on, washing your face and brushing your teeth. A bed time routine signals the brain that it’s time for sleep.
It’s National Bed Month, a campaign to highlight the importance of a good night’s sleep…
But why do the experts say you should change your bed at least every seven years?
Here’s what The Sleep Council has to say:
Sleeping on an uncomfortable mattress can rob us of up to an hour’s sleep each night
As part of National Bed Month, we’re giving away this fantastic double divan bed!
The Grampian Ortho bed is one of our most popular models and is manufactured in the UK by Sweet Dreams.
It consists of a double-sided spring mattress with sumptuous layers of fillings, set on a divan base and with a firm feel.
To be in with a chance to win this wonderful bed, visit our Facebook page and follow the instructions: https://www.facebook.com/Scarborough-Bed-Warehouse-236333159733483/
No cash alternative is available and the winner will be expected to take delivery within one month of the closing date.
Marie Watling was the lucky winner of our Deluxe Hypnos Pillows!
Her daughter-in-law Jessica Machin called in to our Scarborough showroom to collect the pillows and was delighted.
Watch out for more competitions and offers coming up soon!
A HUGE thank you to everyone who entered our competition to win a pair of Luxury Hypnos Pillows.
The competition is now closed and we'll announce the lucky winner shortly!
Keep following Scarborough Bed Warehouse on Facebook for lots more competitions and special offers...